Second Helpings is a designated charity for the Birdies for Charity fundraiser program of the Heritage Classic Foundation. With Birdies for Charity, participants can make a pledge for every birdie made during the 2019 RBC Heritage presented by Boeing April 15-21 at Harbour Town Golf Links.
Make an online pledge, minimum of $25, and designate your charity as Second Helpings. You can make a flat donation and pay by credit card or check. If you choose to make a per birdie donation, the Heritage Classic Foundation will bill you after the tournament for your pledge. In 2018, the pros made 1,468 birdies. So, a pledge of 1 cent for each birdie would have resulted in a $13.00 total pledge. A $1.00 per birdie pledge would have cost $1,300. Pledges must be completed by April 21.
Second Helpings will receive 100 percent of the money you pledge, plus an additional 15 percent gift from the Heritage Classic Foundation.
Sign up today at http://www.heritageclassicfoundation.com/donate-now/.
To learn more about Second Helpings, go to http://www.secondhelpingslc.org/help-the-hungry.
This Martin Luther King Jr Holiday, the volunteers and staff at Second Helping rolled up their sleeves and met the immediate need to rescue food and make a special delivery today to some 250 federal employees who work at the prison in Estill.
When the call came last Friday asking for assistance, a decision was made over the weekend not to wait until Tuesday to help these people. Over 3,000 pounds of meats, bread, produce, sweets and pizzas were unloaded off two Second Helpings trucks, with the help of the acting prison warden, his staff and even his chef. The load included 57 turkeys donated by the Walmart on Lady's Island.
The young couple, who live in Bluffton and both federal employees at the prison, met the two trucks in Bluffton and led the way to the facility. They are the heroes and like them, many of these federal employees need our support. Special thank you to Second Helpings staff and volunteers who raised their hands over the weekend to volunteer for this effort to help our neighbors who work for the federal government. Many of the federal employees live in our neighborhoods, especially in Bluffton and Beaufort.
Donations to Second Helpings will help continue weekly deliveries until the government shutdown ends.
Gift cards will also be accepted. A special thank you to the six donors who gave over the weekend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do make a donation. Let us know your name and date of gift through Paypal. We will make sure you receive a proper thank you.
Second Helpings has received $3,000 from the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation just in time to help feed local residents. Second Helpings will use the gift to provide healthy food choices to their 60 agencies for distribution to those in need.
“Second Helpings board and recipients of healthy choices express appreciation for the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation gift,” said Lili Coleman, executive director. “At a recent agency conference, our agency leaders requested more healthy choices and told us the fresh produce and extra protein fly off their shelves.”
“Second Helpings, in the past two years, has worked with local farms and wholesalers to acquire additional produce and protein for those facing food insecurity with grant money from organizations like Food Lion. Our food donors are amazing at providing produce they don’t sell every day, but our data demonstrates the things most needed, protein and produce, sell at the grocery stores and are not readily available for donation in the quantity that is needed for those in need. This funding will be used to obtain additional produce and protein from the local Food Lion stores.”
Established in 2001, the Food Lion Feeds Charitable Foundation provides financial support for programs and organizations dedicated to feeding the hungry in the communities it serves. Since its inception, the foundation has awarded more than $12 million in grants.
- Birdies for Charity Benefits Second Helpings
- No Day Off at Second Helpings
- Food Lion Feeds Foundation Awards Grant to Second Helpings
- Second Helpings named 2018 PGA TOUR Charity of the Year
- Grant received from 2018 Hampton Lake Tiger Bass Race
- Grant Received from Hilton Head Area Association of Realtors
- A special thank you to Community Foundation of the Lowcountry
- The Church Mouse Thrift Shop provides grant for training
- Board Member is recognized by Morgan Stanley for his efforts on behalf of Second Helpings
- Job Opening in Beaufort - Join our Team
- Christmas comes early to Second Helpings
- Letter Carriers Food Drive
- Dataw Island Resident Joins Board of Directors of Second Helpings
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation Awards Second Helpings two grants in 2017-2018
- Employer HR Group helps Second Helpings
- Palmetto Breeze Transit and Second Helpings partner to FILL THE NEED!
- Second Helpings Wins Organization of the Year Award for Program to Provide with Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Hargray's Caring Coins Foundation Celebrates $3 million in donations
- Thank you Hampton Hall Charitable Fund
- Donate the Value of a Meal to Help Feed the Hungry
- Jo Pender Joins Second Helpings Board of Directors
- October Food Drive to help Hilton Head Employees who ride the Palmetto Breeze buses
- Congratulations to Palmetto Bluff - Recipient of the Founder Award
- September is Hunger Awareness Month
- Second Annual Hunger Games To Benefit Second Helpings
- Thank You - Long Cove Plantations residents
- Beaufort farms to provide fresh produce to Second Helpings partner agencies
- Share The Bounty - September 21, 2017
- Junior Service League of Beaufort Grant Reward 2016
- Grant from Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Grant from Wexford Plantation Charitable Foundation
- Women in Philanthropy provides Grant to Second Helpings
- WOMEN POWER!!!
- Grant Received from Beaufort County Community Services
- Grant Received from Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation
- Second Helpings obtains grant for Fresh Food Initiative
- Group46 Received ADDY Award for Creative Word on Behalf of Second Helpings
- Second Helpings receives grant from the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund
- Second Helpings hires new Executive Director
- Share the Bounty Success
- Doubling Down on Giving
- Top Ten States with the Highest Grocery Bills
- As the saying goes “It takes a village” but in our case a farm
- Share the Bounty - September 29
- Become a Food Waste Warrior
- 2015 Impact of Second Helpings
- Civitas Award 2014: Outstanding Non-Profit
- The Island News: Second Helpings
- SC Secretary of State Designates Second Helpings as a 2013 Angel Charity