What a creative way to showcase the amazing generosity of the Berkeley Hall community members. This photograph captures the magic of the evening and the camaraderie between those who give and those who receive. This reception, celebrating Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation’s million-dollar milestone, was held the evening of January 11.
Second Helpings’ grants will support the ongoing efforts to provide healthy choices at the agencies we service in the Greater Bluffton area during 2018. Second Helpings provides 80 percent and more of the food provided to 60 agencies to fight hunger, free of any fees, and is the only agency rescuing food in Beaufort, Jasper and Hampton counties.
The charitable foundation has just celebrated 9 years, and has made 100 grants totaling more than
$1,000,000 since its inception.
These funds are raised within the community and the robust award process requires documentation of programs and outcomes resulting from the support.
Second Helpings’ 300 volunteers and supporters are proud to be one of the recipients and we extend our sincere gratitude to every member of the Berkeley Hall community.
We at Second Helpings wish to express appreciation to Employer HR Group, Columbia, SC, for volunteer HR information and preparation of our Employee Handbook. We strive to comply with employment laws and it is easier when proper policies and conditions of employment are presented in an updated Employee Handbook. Our board president, Mr. Jan Malinowski, President of Palmetto State Bank, coordinated Employer HR Group with Second Helpings due to the excellent administration the HR Group provides for his Bank.
Employer HR Group provides all required HR employee administration for companies, which includes HR legal compliance, workers comp, employee benefits, payroll - tax reporting, new employee on-boarding, OSHA safety and immediate access to an employment attorney.
Thank you Jan Malinowski and Milton Moore for your HR service to our organization. We are very pleased. For HR assistance, you can contact M Moore at Employer HR Group, 803-252-2566 or by viewing the website: www.EmployerHRGroup.net
Second Helpings work with Palmetto Breeze Transit was featured on the Savannah and The Lowcountry station WSAV today. See their news segment here:
- Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation Awards Second Helpings two grants in 2017-2018
- Employer HR Group helps Second Helpings
- Palmetto Breeze Transit and Second Helpings partner to FILL THE NEED!
- Second Helpings Wins Organization of the Year Award for Program to Provide with Palmetto Breeze Transit
- Hargray's Caring Coins Foundation Celebrates $3 million in donations
- Thank you Hampton Hall Charitable Fund
- Donate the Value of a Meal to Help Feed the Hungry
- Jo Pender Joins Second Helpings Board of Directors
- October Food Drive to help Hilton Head Employees who ride the Palmetto Breeze buses
- Congratulations to Palmetto Bluff - Recipient of the Founder Award
- September is Hunger Awareness Month
- Second Annual Hunger Games To Benefit Second Helpings
- Thank You - Long Cove Plantations residents
- Beaufort farms to provide fresh produce to Second Helpings partner agencies
- Share The Bounty - September 21, 2017
- Junior Service League of Beaufort Grant Reward 2016
- Grant from Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina
- Grant from Wexford Plantation Charitable Foundation
- Women in Philanthropy provides Grant to Second Helpings
- WOMEN POWER!!!
- Grant Received from Beaufort County Community Services
- Grant Received from Berkeley Hall Charitable Foundation
- Second Helpings obtains grant for Fresh Food Initiative
- Group46 Received ADDY Award for Creative Word on Behalf of Second Helpings
- Second Helpings receives grant from the Belfair 1811 Charitable Fund
- Second Helpings hires new Executive Director
- Share the Bounty Success
- Doubling Down on Giving
- Top Ten States with the Highest Grocery Bills
- As the saying goes “It takes a village” but in our case a farm
- Share the Bounty - September 29
- Become a Food Waste Warrior
- 2015 Impact of Second Helpings
- Civitas Award 2014: Outstanding Non-Profit
- The Island News: Second Helpings
- SC Secretary of State Designates Second Helpings as a 2013 Angel Charity