Second Helpings is a nonprofit food rescue organization striving to eliminate hunger in the South Carolina Lowcountry. We collect and distribute food that would have otherwise ended up in landfills. Our 300 volunteers deliver nearly three million pounds of food annually to 50 agencies in Beaufort, Jasper, and Hampton counties, who provide it directly to people in need. Due to an upcoming retirement, we are seeking a new Executive Director to lead our organization.
The position reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for our day-to-day operations, staff, volunteers, programs, and execution of our mission.
- Working effectively with the Board of Directors
- Ensuring reliable and consistent food rescue and distribution operations
- Leading and motivating volunteers and staff
- Monitoring progress against our strategic goals and recommending any needed actions
- Establishing and monitoring spending against our annual budget
Marketing & Fundraising
- Developing fundraising strategies and plans that deliver budgeted funding requirements.
- Managing marketing and fundraising, including donor relations, and grant programs and fundraising events.
- Representing the organization as its designated spokesperson
- Establishing and maintaining regular dialogue and productive working relationships with food donors and agency partners.
- Identifying and connecting with new agencies and food donors in our operating areas.
We are seeking a mission-driven leader with passion, integrity, and a positive attitude. The successful candidate must have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience and a track record of using data to drive program evaluation and continuous improvement. He or she should have significant management experience in an Executive Director or an operations/logistics role and possess strong organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills.
This is a full-time position; compensation is commensurate with experience.SH_Logo_Horizontal
How to Apply:
Deadline for applications is October 15, 2021. Please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Executive Director” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.