Ask Marcus!

Please keep the questions coming…just send Marcus an email at

Q.  There doesn’t always seem to be enough space in the Public Administration Building parking lot for Second Helpings trucks and volunteer vehicles.  What should we do when that happens?

A.  Second Helpings trucks and volunteer vehicles are allowed to park anywhere in the Permit Parking secction, even the section marked restricted to “government vehicles and other titleist vehicles.”  Additionally, volunteers can park their cars in the general parking area.

The parking lot is rather narrow, and some volunteers have reported difficulty backing the truck into a parking spot. They suggest that a volunteer park his/her car across from where a truck is parked; then, upon pulling the truck out, put a traffic cone in that parking spot. Upon returning from the route, the volunteer can move his/her car to open up some space across from the parking spot so that the truck driver would then have more room to maneuver when backing into the spot.